MOMLETA Nutrition Solutions - A Lifestyle Change
Let’s pretend your name is Helen and you have a goal weight. You’re running out of time since you have a party coming up that you want to look great for. This leads you to research a diet that will help.
Diets that promise quick weight loss are often what we know as 'fad diets'. Nothing about the word 'fad' is long-term. Those people relying on fad diets often aren’t thinking long-term. What happens when you, Helen, reach that goal weight? You’ll cross that bridge when you get there. In the meantime, you’re looking for a quick fix.
Everything about your lifestyle affects your body. If you want to change your body, you need to evaluate your lifestyle. This requires a serious commitment. It’s not going to be achieved in a day, a week, or even a month. Although a quick-fix sounds much easier, a lifestyle change will be something you stick with!
Let’s say your friend recommends the low carb/high fat ketogenic diet. You do your research, buy some groceries, and lose a few pounds within the first few days. You’re excited to be speeding towards your goal… until a few days later. The problem with fad diets are the extremes. They encourage you to dramatically increase or decrease something, which shocks your system. For example, constipation is common among keto dieters, due to a lack of fiber. It also encourages artificial sweeteners over actual sugar (do yourself a favor and look up how diet sodas affect the body!). Constipation is not a sign of a healthy diet. The discomfort will discourage you, and bring back familiar habits that made you feel "good."
Please, please, please. Think long and hard before you fall for the marketing schemes of fad diets. Instead, focus on a permanent lifestyle change! The journey will not be fast, but you also won’t risk your health. The changes you will do more than just weight loss. Get ready for your new lifestyle change to affect your life in a dramatic way.
Let's Make A Lifestyle Change
1. Take small steps. Focus on your well-being rather than numbers on the scale. Focus on what foods to add to your diet, such as more fruits and vegetables. The more colors you include, the more nutrients you receive.
2. Exercise regularly. If you laugh when imagining yourself running and really don't like exercising, figure out what you don't like about it and find a type of exercise you do enjoy! Regular physical activity is important no matter how well you eat. MOMLETA workouts are great because a group of moms are there cheering you on, and your kids see you working hard!
3. Read labels. Pay attention to the ingredients in your food. You’ll be less susceptible to misleading information.
4. Make an effort to sleep well. Finding a good balance in life is important, including enough sleep.
5. Join our month-long Nutrition Solutions Virtual Program! You’re a mom. You do so much for other people. Now do something for yourself.
At MOMLETA we know what it means to be a nurturer, a giver, a supporter. You want to help the people in your life so much that sometimes you end up putting yourself on the back burner. Taking care of your body can seem like the last thing you have time for. But guess what? Taking care of your body is not only something you need to do, it’s something you deserve to do for yourself.
Nutrition Solutions is one simple way you can do this. We do the heavy lifting for you by sifting through all the misinformation and presenting you with an approach that’s streamlined, simple, and sustainable.